- Office Paper (copier and printer paper, file folders, note paper, computer paper, brochures)
- Junk mail (envelopes, letters, catalogs, etc.)
- Greeting cards (no foil or glitter)
- Paperback books
- Spiral or bound notebooks
- Paper bags
- White/gray/brown paper packing material
- Paperboard (heavy, non-corrugated paper such as cereal boxes)
Instructions: Place in the nearest bagstand or bin labled "Paper." Bindings on paperback books and notebooks can stay on.
NOT in this bin: Place corrugated cardboard in outdoor cardboard cages. Hardback books and shredded paper are not accepted in Paper bins but departments may collect them separately in a bag or box and process them as a special recyclable.
NOT recyclable: cartons and aseptic containers, butcher paper, egg cartons, coffee/soda paper cups (learn why in this video), napkins, paper towels, paper plates, or other items not on the accepted list.
- Papers with confidential/sensitive information
Instructions: Place in nearest confidential cart if you have one, or pack in box, mark 'to be shredded', and request pickup.
Fees apply. Read more on our Confidential Records page.