We are hiring for a Recycling Program Assistant to assist in planning, implementing, assessing, and providing logistical support for Campus Recycling programs, starting in summer or fall of 2017. Apply through this website by April 30, 2017. A position description may also be downloaded here.
We post openings on this page when they become available. We potentially accept applications throughout the year; if interested in applying, please contact Materials Manager Rae DeLay via email or 541-737-4341.
A general job description for student workers is below.
Operations Job Description
- Sorting and pricing surplus
- Recycling route pick-ups with state vehicles
- Posting products online on eBay and LabX
- Surplus billing and shipping
- Other warehouse activities associated with surplus and recycling
- Loading trucks and lifting
- Working in a warehouse environment where weather and temperatures can vary
- Working 10-20 hours per week on weekdays 8 am - 5 pm, with occasional evening and weekend work. Preference may be given to applicants who can work shifts in four-hour blocks. Full time work may be available during breaks and summer term.
- A commitment to recycling.
- Excellent customer service.
- Attention to detail and following instructions is important to meet our customer expectations.
- Ability to safely lift, carry, push, pull and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs. and use material handling equipment.
- Safety is important for all workers.
- Some of the work may be outside, entering a variety of buildings and driving large vehicles.
- Requires a lot of standing and moving.
- Willingness to get dirty and work outside cleaning recycling bins.
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Enrollment in OSU or LBCC for a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; if so, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in Youth Programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months.
- This position requires driving a university vehicle or a personal vehicle on behalf of the university; if so, the incumbent must successfully complete a motor vehicle history check, possess and maintain a current, valid driver’s license in their state of residence, be determined to be position qualified and self-report convictions as per OSU Standard 576-056-0000 et seq.
- Experience driving large vehicles.
- Moving equipment with hand truck, pallet jacks and dollies.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
For More Information
Follow links above under Current Openings (if applicable) to apply. For questions, please contact Materials Manager Rae DeLay via email or 541-737-4341.