Who are the Waste Watchers?
Waste Watchers is a joint group between Campus Recycling and the Student Sustainability Initiative whose mission is to engage students and the community in waste reduction at OSU by providing educational programming, meaningful opportunities for action, and empowerment of future leaders.
You can become a Waste Watcher too by volunteering with us (see opportunities below)! See group leaders on our chair positions page.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Note: Subscribe to our email newsletter to receive 2-4 emails per month with upcoming events and volunteer opportunities to keep you informed about recycling at OSU!
Waste Watchers Spring Meetings
- Wednesdays, April 4 - June 6,* 5:00-6:30 pm
- 206 Student Experience Center (SEC)
- Join the league of the Waste Watchers - using our knowledge of recycling and sustainability we can educate others and fight the scourge of waste! This term we’re working on our Repair Fairs, Beyond Earth Day booth, and No Food Left Behind campaign! This club is free and open to all. Join the meetings on Facebook.
- For more info, please contact Andrea Norris via email or 541-737-5398.
*Exception: No meeting on May 16, as a Repair Fair will be hosted that day.
Spring Repair Fair
No Food Left Behind Committee
- Mondays, April 2 - June 4, 12:00-1:00 pm
- 254 Student Experience Center (SEC)
- We launched a new campaign this year focused on reducing wasted food at OSU! This term we’ll be encouraging sampling at Marketplace West, promoting Stop Food Waste Day at the Beyond Earth Day fair, and more. If you want to lend skills you have and hone ones you don't, serving on the committee is a great way to gain experience in reducing wasted food, project management, designing experiments, conducting outreach, facilitating meetings, and more. Meetings are open to all.
- For more info, please contact Amanda Carlin via email.
For More Information
If you have questions about the Waste Watchers or volunteer opportunities, please contact Andrea Norris via email or 541-737-5398.