#BeavsRecycle was a campaign that celebrated the high rates and long history of recycling at OSU:
- Corvallis was the first city in Oregon to have curbside recycling.
- OSU’s recycling program is over 45 years old!
- In 2015-16, we recycled and composted over 4.5 million pounds.
- OSU’s recycling rate is 53% higher than the national average, based on 2014 statistics.
- OSU's mission is to promote "economic, social, cultural and environmental progress for the people of Oregon, the nation and the world."
The impact we make when we recycle:
- Conserve natural resources.
- Save water & energy.
- Reduce methane emissions.
- Create jobs.
- Reduce landfill expenses.
- Protect natural areas & wildlife.
How can you be involved?
- So, you’re recycling! Are you doing it right? Make sure here.
- Know where recycling bins are in your dorm/office.
- Audit trash from your building to identify areas of improvement for recycling. Contact Andrea Norris via email or 541-737-5398 to get started.
- Request additional recycling bins using our service request form.
- Request signs by contacting Andrea Norris via email or 541-737-5398.
- Join the conversation on social media by posting and sharing; see what has already been shared on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The #BeavsRecycle campaign was coordinated by the student group the Waste Watchers. Learn more about the group here.